Tuesday 30 November 2010

Hi all
It's snowing at Cliff! Isn't it great when no one can get in or out, especially when you need to get to tesco, but still it looks fantastic outside. Time is getting busy again at cliff (not that it wasn't before) with all the assessments and essays coming up, got a Greek test that i need to revise for and a couple of book reviews that are due in next week and then the other 10,500 words which are due in for January. Fun times!

I realise my last post was a little intense so I thought I would lighten up a bit here and talk about how good it is to be still. I have been making time to be with God for a decent period of on the mornings of this week, and though so far only have done two, I feel that I have met with God in a great way (Jeremiah 19: 12-13). The big silence got me thinking in a big way and showed how God wants to meet with all people and we can put up the barriers, not just people who don't know God but even those who are Christians. I think there are a lot of barriers that I can put up that need to be broken down. These barriers can be broken down by praying, by being saturated in the Holy Spirit, and reacting in a way that it is not a temporary experience, but reacting so that my heart is changed, and thus my lifestyle starts to change, and I continue to grow into the person I am meant to be.

I find this quite exciting, it makes me think about what is possible as I continue to grow and change. Matt Bellamy of the band Muse wrote this lyric in the song hoodoo 'and I've had recurring nightmares that I was loved for who I am, and missed the opportunity to be a better man'. I hope that won't happen, to anyone, although I would be ignorant to say that all people reach their full potential, and in many cases, even half of their potential.

Don't miss the opportunity, you might just like the person you become.

Have a great week everyone, and if you have snow, make some great snowmen!
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment